Monday, October 18, 2010

Man Code: Drink Sharing

Sharing a beverage with a Woman:

They casually grab the drink from my hands, without even asking or acknowledging the fact they wish to partake in my beverage.  This sly action gives the impression they are trying, in some way, to do me a favor. Perhaps hold the cup for me as I reposition the straw?


Before I catch on to their bait and switch, consumption is underway...


As I watch in horror, occasionally I'll get the "what 'chu gonna do 'bout it?" stare down and the two finger death grip. 

                            

Detecting my defeat, women continue to pound my beverage quicker than a 19 year old frat boy. Wallowing in torture and thirst, I can do nothing but swallow saliva. 


Holding back a fountain of tears, the drink is returned with nothing but watered down ice cubes.


Relishing in success, trickery and my destruction, the infamous smile spreads over their face as they victimize yet another thirsty man. 

How they expect us to continue on throughout the day as if nothing ever happened is beyond me...







Sharing a drink with a Man:

An extremely thirsty male relative or friend asks for a gulp of my drink.   The liquid divide is discussed and we make an agreement.  Admittingly I still hesitate before giving the go ahead...


I then remember the unspoken agreement between men: the dude bumming the drink isn't allowed to put his lips on the bottle.

I reluctantly shove my drink in his direction giving him the OK.





Witnessing the unspoken rule in action, and drinking just enough to satisfy his needs... I smile in deep appreciation.  Any reluctance vanishes and I enjoy helping a friend in need. 



The interaction is completely seamless. I'm given back my drink in seconds and mentally prepare for another blissful indulgence.



























I put the bottle to my lips, close my eyes...


... and embrace complete ecstasy.



Thirst quenched and satisfied I slam down the bottle with deeper love for the man code. 

2 comments:

  1. HAHA this is brilliantly hilarious!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to you cuz, however I think you only find this hilarious because you do the same to men in your life! If you were a dude, you'd be feeling my pain ;)

    ReplyDelete